Here we go.

28 May 2011

Real quick...

I just finished a book about psychopaths.  It was both fascinating and frightening.  A drawback is that I walk around trying to figure out who in my vicinity is a complete psycho; I've only counted one thus far. You pretty much want to stay away from these people.  It's a quick read and I highly recommend it.  


We've made some progress around the house.  Put new summer plants into the bed & pots: sweet potato vine, geraniums,  petunias (which is a very odd choice for me as they aren't my type at all), and lavender.  We moved the sage out of the rosemary's way; need to wait a little bit longer for the basil seedlings to mature before we put them into the ground.  


ATM installed shades in the utility room, which is lovely because before the shades, anyone could see clearly into our home at night.  Frankly, it didn't stop me from being inappropriate at times --  you know, no pants wearing.


Having two jobs is pretty awful and there was one recent shift in particular where I seriously considered quitting, but finding another job would be more work.  I'm just going to stick it out until I've met my goal.  Or, most of it.  It's working with younger people where I struggle.  They are spastics & some are mean.  Also, they listen to terrible music and wear ugly shoes.   And managers.  What is their deal?  Don't ever become a manager, there's nothing noble about it.  I get along with them fine, but they don't really contribute anything.  They just boss people around and aren't helpful, which drives me nuts.  A common thing we all do is make rude gestures at them after they turn their backs to us or walk away.  You'd think that you could just report to work, do what you have to do and leave.  Alas, no.  Some people will front and you have to deal with it.  It's not all bad.  I love working the Tuesday night shift because I have cultivated friendships with that crew, but I NEVER get to work that shift.  I usually have to work with the assholes.  I think I'll just give myself a deadline.  Yeah, some time in September.  I miss my free time.


A planned trip to Memphis with my friends didn't work out, BUT IT DID!  I'll be going with KMHD & Brittany -- can't wait!  It's a dead weekend in Memphis, meaning that there aren't any shows, but I don't think we'll have a shortage of things to eat do.  


Am considering becoming a mentor.  My cousin in Seattle mentors TWENTY kids and she loves it.  She was bragging on one that very recently graduated high school.  She was beside herself when I told her I was merely thinking about doing it.  I'll definitely do some research on it.


I have new kitchen know-how to share.  Coming soonish!





1 comment:

nicole said...

Just think: If/when you mentor, you could introduce the kids to good music and respectable shoes and help them NOT grow up to be a**holes like your young douche-y coworkers. Hang in there, 'cause I hear New Zealand is AWESOME!!!! xoxo.

Blog Archive